Google has over 1.2 billion unique users per month and offers amazing marketing opportunities for any local business.
A Google Places listing for your small business can appear right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search or Maps.
Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your listing—so you can stand out, and bring customers in. Getting set up used to be a pain, however it’s now incredibly easy for local businesses to connect with customers on search, on Maps, on Google Plus from one dashboard - with any changes you make being updated across all of Google’s services.
As and added bonus, if your business is using Scrummy Club for customer loyalty, rewards & marketing, we’ll automatically pull in all of these essential details into your app listing: opening hours, product photos, reviews, and telephone numbers.
Follow our step by step guide to get your Google My Business listing setup for your local business…
- Firstly, do a quick search for your business on Google. If it’s not appearing on the right hand side of the page then you don’t have a listing.
- Visit www.google.com/business and click “Get on Google”, select or create the Google account you want to use and sign in.
- Search for your business in the prompted area by name and address.
- If you’re not a local business click on “Not a local business?” and select your business type. The Brand option directs you to create a non-local Google+ page. If you can’t find your business that means it hasn’t already been added, in which case click “None of these matches, add your business” and fill in the required information to add your business.
- Once you have found or created your correct business location and type, click on it. Google will now create your Google+ page with your address you inputted.
- Check “I am authorised to manage this business” and click continue.
- To verify your business you’ll then need to click on “Mail me my Code” to have a unique PIN code mailed to your business location.
Congratulations, you now have Google My Business set up for your business!
The next step is to customise your listing….
- Add a Profile photo to the account by clicking on “Add profile photo”.
- Add your business hours, contact information, any additional photos, your website, and finally an intro to your page.
You have now set up and customised Google My Business for your small business. All of Google’s helpful services will now be at your disposal in one place.
Potential customers will also now be able locate you more efficiently, giving you greater potential to do business.